Hi, I'm Janet.
I love design, education, and psychology. I'm currently wrapping up my master's study in Learning Design and Technology at Stanford University. Prior to graduate school, I studied Cognitive Science and Psychology at Vanderbilt University.
I love designing & teaching
wondergrade, llc (2023.6-2023.9)
- Recruited participating families, designed research plans, and led playtesting sessions with children 3-8 year-olds and generated a 42-page insights report to inform product opportunities and redesigns.
- Advocated for a child-centered design by leading the redesign and new launch of Wondergrade’s children-facing app and worked with co-founders to align their product vision.
- Worked within the research team to synthesize science-based emotional regulation practices from academic literature and conducted in-depth market research on industry trends.
- Designed printable activity packs inside Wondergrade's weekly emails for parents and children to increase user engagement.
bing nursery school (2023.1-present)
preschool teacher assistant
- Assist head teachers facilitate preschool children's play-based learning on a weekly basis.
stanford women in design (2022.9-2023.6)
- Constructed quarter-long design research and project-based design curricula for Stanford undergraduate students.
- Taught weekly workshops in Beginning and Advanced Figma for 30+ students during the fall and spring quarters.
vanderbilt university (2021.10-2022.5)
- Designed logos and posters for clients from the 7000+ Vanderbilt student body with a 2-week turnaround time.
While I'm not designing, I am...
- Doing psychology experiments on my dog
- Making data visualizations and tote bags (and sometimes both!)